We are officially joining the ranks of companies with similar values under our B Corporation™ certification. That means that we’re meeting high standards for sustainability, social responsibility, and holding ourselves accountable. In our own words, it simply means we care about the big picture. Practices that are good for the world, are good for us.
Currently, there are only 24 Certified B Corporations™ in the state of Illinois, and only 3 (including us) in DuPage County. Paul Gregory Media is the only Certified B Corporation™ marketing agency in DuPage County.
Unlike traditional corporations, B Corps are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on all stakeholders: customers, workers, communities, and the environment.
While only a small number of marketing agencies have earned this certification, we did it for a few reasons:
- B Corp Certification is a high standard that keeps us accountable to our stated values as a company. It’s easy to say we care about important issues, but certification forces us to measure the ongoing impact.
- We want our clients to know who they’re doing business with. We often select clients and partners based on a sense of shared values, so it’s important for people to know what we stand for.
- We’d like to see more businesses in the world that balance people and planet over profit. In our experience, the best way to catalyze that sort of change is to model it for others.
Certified B Corporations® in 71 Countries
Certified B Corporations® in Illinois
Certified B Corporations® in DuPage County
Certified B Corporation® Marketing Agency in DuPage County
what are we committing to?
Our goal is to infuse business activities with a human, meaning-filled foundation. Our Certified B Corporation status will serve as an ever-present reminder of how we build brands at the intersection of humanity and digital marketing.
Our long-term ambition is to have a positive impact on our environment, our community, our employees, and the wider world. We also want to invite fellow businesses to follow suit and join us in using business as a force for good. This B Corporation announcement is part of that journey, and we’re excited to get started with these key goals:
- Become carbon neutral. This is the first step in our ongoing environmental efforts and will be made possible by selecting environmentally-friendly vendors and partaking in offset programs, both in our office and in our remote work-from-home offices.
- Create meaningful change. We’ll continue to use our platform to empower people and give voice to those who are trying to raise awareness and drive change within their communities. For those organizations that haven’t found themselves on anyone’s radar, they’re now on our radar.
- Set more ambitious goals. We’re now a powerful example of a brand balancing its commitment to employees, stakeholders, the planet, and social good. We will continue those efforts by setting annual goals for an inclusive, sustainable, and generally better marketing industry that works for everyone.
- Choose the right partners. We’ll find more environmentally-sustainable partners so that we can build a community that is collectively more eco-conscious, environmentally responsible, and cognizant of the world around us.
I’m proud of the work we’re doing and eager to keep moving forward. I also want to thank all the people that contributed to this achievement.
To our fellow B Corp community: Paul Gregory Media has much to contribute and much to learn. Thank you for welcoming us.